This document serves as an installation guide for those components that are needed to enable:
- Single user environments. A single user environment is defined as a PC where one user at a time accesses Pagero’s e-invoicing software.
- Multi user environments with manual processing. In this case, a multi user environment is when a PC with fast user switching or a server is used for access to Pagero’s e-invoicing software. This means that Pagero Connect is used as the communication software (see section 3).
- Multi user environments with automated processing. In this case, a multi user environment is when a server is used for access to Pagero’s e-invoicing software, and when communication is fully automated using Pagero Server Connect as the communication software.
Definition of installation components
This section describes the different components needed to integrate your invoicing system with Pagero’s e-invoicing service:
- Invoicing system. This is your invoicing system. Any changes needed in that system to enable e-invoicing is beyond the scope of this document.
- Pagero Printer. Pagero Printer is a printer driver (PostScript compatible driver only) installed and made available to the invoicing system either as a local printer or a network printer. The printer will create PDF files from the print stream and store these on a configurable path on the file system. Depending on how your invoice system interacts with the printer, one PDF may contain one or several invoices. Pagero Online’s e-invoice service will split the PDF into individual invoices if needed. The printer runs as user SYSTEM on the server/PC where it is installed.
- Pagero Connect. Pagero Connect is a piece of communication software for single user system. It’s job is to transport files created by the printer (or another application) to Pagero Online’s e-invoice service.
- Pagero Server Connect. Pagero Server Connect is a piece of communication software, for multi user systems. It’s job is to transport files created by the printer (or another application) to Pagero Online’s e-invoice service.
The following requirement apply:
- Java 7 installed (www.java.com)
- RAM: 512 MB or more
- Processor: 1GHz single core or better
- Pagero Printer is developed for Windows platforms and supports the following operating systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Professional, Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8 Pro.
- Pagero Connect and Pagero Server Connect are Java based, and have been tested on the following operating systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Professional, Windows 7 Professional, Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X (please note OS X version requirement for Java7)
The following ports needs to be open to the Internet:
- Pagero Connect: Port 443 for connection to *.pageroonline.com (www.pageroonline.com, c1.pageroonline.com, c2.pageroonline.com etc)
- Pagero Server Connect: Ports 80 and 443 for connection to www.pageroonline.com (document transfer). Port 80 for connection to www.pagero.com (version check of Pagero Server Connect) and SMTP Server for mail notification.
For connectivity on the internal network, we require that Pagero Printer be accessible (as a local or network printer) from the invoicing system, that the printer can store files (temporarily) locally on the printer server, and that Pagero Connect and Pagero Server Connect can access the files on the printer server over the network if installed on a different server.
Where to install?
- For a single user systems, we recommend installation on a local PC.
- For multi user systems, or systems where the access to the invoicing system is through Terminal Service, Remote Desktop or Citrix desktop, we recommend installation on the server.
! It is possible to install the printer as a network printer (i.e. install the printer on a separate server dedicated to printers). We recommend this for multi users only.