From Pagero, we make our Invoice Portal available to our clients to facilitate the creation and sending of electronic invoices.
1. To be able to access this portal, log in to Pagero Online with your credentials and click Create invoice:
2. Choose the recipient and the type of invoice you wish to create:
- Debit: A debit invoice is a document used by a seller to inform the buyer of current debt obligations. You may consider it as the default type of invoice to use.
- Credit: A credit invoice is a document used, among others, to cancel or correct an invoice that has been successfully processed and sent.
If you can’t find the recipient in the drop-down menu, you would need to add them to your customer directory. More information on how to add customers can be found here.
Once you are done, click Create invoice
After creating an invoice, you have the option to save it as a template. This way, you can select it in this step and adjust only the data that differs from your template. Please note that templates are not shared between different recipients.
If available, click on the template you wish to use and click on Create invoice from templateMore information on how to save a template can be found in step 11.
3. Information about the recipient will be pre-populated based on the information available in your directory. Some data (customer number, delivery and invoice address) can be updated if required by clicking Edit
4. Fill in the Invoice Details. If needed, additional fields can be added by clicking on "Add fields" and choose from the options that will appear on the right side of your screen (Invoice Details).
Keep in mind that all mandatory fields you need to fill are marked with a red asterisk (*), if this information is not provided, it will not be possible to process/send the invoice.
5. Articles – Add information about the articles of the invoice.
a. Add more rows by clicking on "Add Row".
b. If needed, you can add additional fields to all rows, by click "Add field to all rows" on the bottom left. If you wish to add a field to only one specific row, click the plus sign on that row. Choose the additional fields you wish to add from the list on the right side.
c. To see all added additional fields, click Expand All, and Collapse All to hide the fields (the additional fields will still be added to the invoice).
Keep in mind that some customers could have some extra mandatory requirements or strict range of values that do not appear in this guide. If you have received a registration link to Pagero from your customer directly, you can check all the extra invoice requirements on their Project page (the link to this page should be available in the registration email, but you may also request it from our Support team).
If your invoice is to be VAT-exempted, please, keep reading. Otherwise, you may skip directly to Step 6.
You would need to add VAT Exemption for your article rows by clicking on “Add field to all rows” and then you click on VAT Exemption, so it has a checkbox in it.
Afterwards, you may choose the specific reason for the exemption under VAT Type
When the VAT Type has been chosen, you can add a text that provides further context by clicking on VAT Exemption
*Keep in mind that even though you have clicked on VAT Exemption, the VAT in the article row still needs to be a zero since this value is a mandatory field.
6. If applicable, add discounts or charges, by clicking Add Discount or Add Charge and fill in the needed information:
7. If a discount or charge should be tax-exempt, click the "+" to add this information.
8. If needed, you could change the currency of the invoice or the VAT by click Add fields, and choose if you’d like to round the invoice total amount:
9. Add payment method or change payment method, click the drop-down list.
You can add several payment methods, by clicking Add Account and choosing the account type you wish to add from the drop-down list:
This information can be automatically added to all invoices by accessing:
- Add Account
10. You can attach files to your invoice by clicking on "Choose file". If you wish to add extra attachments, click "Add attachment" to add the attachment and then choose Type of attachment.
11. Once the invoice is complete, you can proceed and choose the send mode by clicking on the arrow next to the 'Send invoice' button. Here, you'll find three options:
- Prod - The most common send mode, this document will be processed normally
- Test - The document will be processed in test mode, so it will have no impact on the production environment and therefore will not be a legally binding document. Not all recipients are set up to receive test invoices, and it is most often used to make sure that the entire flow works prior to going into production
- Cert - Certification mode is used to confirm technical setups, test formats, test agreements. Routing connections, troubleshooting and so on. Files sent in certification mode will not be forwarded to recipients but will do all actions in the Pagero Online document flow, which provides flexibility. Essentially, it's a test invoice that can't reach a recipient.
You can also choose to save your invoice as a Template. The template can be used the next time you wish to send an invoice to this recipient. All information saved in the template will be added to the invoice the next time you choose that template. Templates are chosen in the first step, when you choose the recipient. All saved templates will be presented.
Additionally, you can choose to preview the invoice before sending it. The purpose of this function is to ensure fields have been filled in correctly.