|Update:||Compliance Alert - E-invoicing will be preferred for B2G transactions in Wallonia as of 2022|
The Walloon government has announced that starting 1 January 2022, electronic invoicing will become the preferred mechanism for B2G transactions in the region.
Together with this announcement, a guide for the contracting suppliers was released.
B2G suppliers can still send invoices via post, but as of January 2022, they must be sent exclusively to the new single address below:
SPW Finances – Centre de scanning – Avenue Gouverneur Bovesse 29 – 5100 Jambes
Note that invoices in PDF or Word format submitted by e-mail will no longer be permitted, as they are not considered structured invoices that can be processed automatically. Taxpayers can send e-invoices through the Peppol network to the public entities or submit invoices manually via Mercurius platform.
Furthermore, from January 2022, a Bank Identity Statement (Relevé d’Identité Bancaire, RIB) will be required on the invoice when the bank account details of the issuer in the Walloon Region is not in the new database.
When issuing B2G invoices, the information below will have to be provided (non-exhaustive list).
Mandatory information for invoice (electronic or paper)
- Invoice reference;
- Invoice date;
- BCE / VAT number;
- Supplier’s bank account number.
Information specific to the SPW (Public Service of Wallonia), provided by the contacting administration
- Commitment number (VISA);
- Legal commitment number;
- Market number (if applicable);
- Purchase order reference (if applicable) - to be attached to the invoice;
- Invoicing address: SPW Finances – Centre de scanning – Avenue Gouverneur Bovesse 29 – 5100 Jambes (the name and e-mail address of the accounting correspondent should also be included)
- Delivery address;
- Name of the contact point, telephone number, e-mail address;
- Service (Department, Direction, etc.);
- SPW BCE / TVA (VAT) number: 0316.381.138
More information on the e-invoicing requirements will be provided by the end of this year.
In the meantime, suppliers can send inquiries to SPW or the Public service of Wallonia at the following e-mail address: email@example.com