|Update:||Compliance Alert - Specific e-documents will be required for currency exchange operations|
The Chilean Tax Authority (SII) has published Exempt Resolution No. 66, listing new provisions regarding the use of DTEs (Sp.: Documentos Tributarios Electronicos – Fiscal Electronic Documents) for currency exchange operations.
The entities in the scope of this resolution are Banks, Stockbrokers, Exchange Houses, Financial Institutions and other entities carrying out foreign currency purchase and sales operations, either on their own or on behalf of third parties.
Starting 1 December 2022, the organizations mentioned above will need to issue the following DTEs accordingly when operating with buying and selling foreign currency:
• Electronic Invoice (“Factura Electrónica”)
• Exempt Electronic Invoice (“Factura Exenta Electrónica”)
• Electronic Credit Note (“Nota de Crédito Electrónica”)
• Electronic Debit Note (“Nota de Debito Electrónica”)
• Electronic Receipt (“Boleta Electronica”)
• Exempt Electronic Receipt (“Boleta Exenta Electrónica”)